EXCELSIOR Symphony Citation
with Limex MIDI / built-in Sound
This is an original
American made Excelsior Symphony Grand from the Golden Age, a spectacular
accordion in excellent condition. The Citation Series Excelsior is one of
my favorite accordions of all times. It is an instrument with soul, very
sensitive and responsive, yet powerful if needed. This particular
instrument has Limex MIDI with built-in sound card and has been in my
personal collection for the last several years.
- Serial N: 11540
- Excellent Hand-made reeds
- Tone modulator is present but
stays only in OPEN position
- 4 treble sets of reeds - LMMH - 10
cents swing tuning
- 6 sets of bass reeds (double-riveted
Bass and Tenor reeds)
- 41 keys, 19-3/8" American walnut keyboard with very good action,
suitable for all music styles
- 10 treble switches - Bassoon (L), Accordion
(LMM), Harmonium (LMH),
Melodion (LM), Organ (LH), Oboe (M), Musette
(MMH), Violin (MM), Clarinet (MH), and Piccolo (H). The
switches highlighted in blue correspond to swing (mild/slow tremolo)
sounds. The other switches are concert tuned.
- Palm Master switch (LMMH)
- 120 bass
- 7 bass switches - the chrome plating is intact and clean
- Very well balanced accordion - about 25 lb
- 17-fold bellows featuring the Excelsior patented Air Flow design with
deep folds, round corners, and hidden gaskets
- Excellent compression
- Bellows protector
- New, excellent quality very comfortable shoulder straps
MIDI with Alpin Master sound card and SD card with
programmed styles and patches; power supply and cables
- MC10 grill controller - allows access to
orchestral presets, intros, endings, rhythmic patters, volume control
and special effects fro the microphones etc.
- Limex MIDI manual and Alpin Master manual
- Original hard-shell case in very good condition
controller allows access to hundreds of built-in orchestral sounds and
effects including rhythm patterns. You will not need additional MIDI
modules to sound like a full band. The display is very
conveniently located and shows in real time the electronics settings.
This is a
priceless accordion for the right owner. The Citation Series was the
the finest among all Excelsior accordions ever made! The sound is deep
and mellow and resonates throughout the entire instrument. The aged
body is like a resonant chamber itself. Amazing!
I always admire the classic 1950s Excelsiors and keep one in my
personal collection. This could be yours to keep, play, and
Call 973-770-6877 with any questions or
to schedule your visit to the Accordion Gallery for a memorable journey
in the world of fine accordions.
chrome plating is intact and shiny.
tops have turned slightly yellow giving the accordion even warmer
This is typical for the American made Excelsiors.
original case is in very good condition taken into account it has
protected the accordion for some 50 years.
It will serve its purpose for another half century if handled with the
same respect as by the original owner.