Jazz Cassotto Accordion
I am presenting a rare Jazz model BELL
accordion, made by Sonola with similar specifications as the Ernie Felice
SS4 model. You can think of this instrument as a lighter 2-reed double
chamber version of the Bell Symphony. According to the Bell catalog "The reeds ... "speak"
immediately upon command - with tremendous carrying power for every
subtlety of tone, from the most delicate to the most dynamic. The
superlative quality of these reeds and the careful precision fitting of
each read plate are a significant part of the reason for the beauty of
This particular accordion features hand-made MAGNATERA reeds!
- Made in Italy, Serial Number 238
- Fantastic Hand Made MAGNATERA reeds
- 2 sets of treble - LM
- Concert tuned
- 4 sets of bass reeds
- Double Tone Chamber
- Tone Modulator - creates
a beautiful sonority - open it for a classic tone chambered sound or
close it for even warmer and mellower tone
- 41 keys, 19-1/4" keyboard - American walnut keys with white key tops,
- 7 treble switches (2 of them are for the tone modulator): Open,
Bassoon (L), Violin (M), Master (LM), Bassoon (L), Violin (M), and Close
- Palm Master switch
- 6 different treble reed sounds ranging from the power and bite of
Sonola SS20 to the warm sound of American-made Excelsior Symphony
(with the modulator closed)
- 120 bass - noise free bass machine
- 5 bass registers including one that allows for playing only the lowest
octave bass notes: Alto, Tenor-Alto, Master, Bass-Tenor-Contralto, and
- Low-A bass reed configuration - the double-riveted Bass and Tenor
reeds are spectacular
- Large volume air tight, clean bellows with mahogany frame -
"Bellows are deep fold type for greater air capacity - precision fitting
throughout avoids air loss."
- Very good comfortable shoulder straps
- New bellows protector
- 23 lb - very nice ergonomic accordion
with less than 7" body depth
- Very good hard case with internal padding and cover for keyboard
- Stereo amplification with 1/4" pick up - needs the bellows cable
(original was shorting), microphones tested and working. Without the
cable only the treble microphones will work. Consider the amplification
a bonus. I would recommend installing condenser microphones.
- Serviced at the Accordion Gallery and offered with a full year
warranty on the acoustic accordion
Here is a link
to a shared Dropbox folder with sound samples: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cd7zpvxh3rocl53/AADcHo72Q0maE6mLI28efcxia?dl=0
This Bell is a legendary instrument with
increasing value. Please, listen to the above sound samples with
good head phones. The harmonic richness of the instrument is
impressive. You will recognize immediately the tremendous power
and impressive tonal color from the Golden Age. This accordion will be a family treasure for the
true accordion lover.
Single piece, solid
mahogany tone chamber...
Nicely varnished reed
blocks with Walnut base
The original factory tuning holds
remarkably well. The reeds have never been abused by power tools.
Let's take a look
inside the bass machine...